Heidi has been with the playgroup for more than 3 months now.
In summary..... She no longer screams and fusses during class (although she still yawns a lot after snack time), joins actively in the music and movement sessions, listens and follows simple instructions, shows more willingness to participate in the art and craft sessions and letter activities. She has also learned to remove her shoes upon stepping into the classroom and placing them on the shoerack.
I have no more problems with separation anxiety; I just drop her off with the teachers and take my leave. She is always happy to see her classmates and will rush to go in when we reach the classroom. And when I come back 2 hrs later to fetch her, she will always greet me with a big broad smile. On our bus journeys home, she will at times sing songs aloud (her favourite song is Wheels On The Bus), amusing some of the passengers on board.
At home, she sings songs that were taught by the teachers and sung during class (not sure what songs though cos I do not sit in anymore, probably some songs about fishes I guess). She babbles a lot more at home now and the words she uttered are much clearer. She recognizes all the 26 letters now and I'm slowly moving on to simple words for her. I'm also hoping that soon she will be able to recognize her own name, just like some of her classmates who could already recognize theirs.
I am happy to see that she is doing fine and enjoys school and even more pleased when the teachers gave me positive comments on her progress.




No comments:
Post a Comment