Monday, July 14, 2008
Learning Through Play
This video was taken by Heidi's asst teacher last Wednesday, using her handphone.
On Friday, I had a little chat with Teacher Siti and she shared with me that through playing with toys like these stacking cups, a child learns various things. Such as logical skills and classification skills, grouping, problem-solving, colour, size, shape identification and more. Hand/eye coordination and finger dexterity (pincer grasp and palmer grasp) are involved too, which could help with her penmanship later on. It may also help a child to develop her self-esteem and confidence which not only applies to her now but also in her later life.
I'm glad I get a better understanding of the toys Heidi plays with now although I didn't realise before that a child could actually learn so much from interacting with simple toys like these. It also encourages me to get her more of such toys which she could learn through play. Although I'm sure there are other kids at her age who could also do these simple stacking, I'm still nevertheless very proud of my little girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment