Friday, September 19, 2008

Japanese Cheesecake And "Ok La"

I baked a Japanese cheesecake yesterday while Heidi was taking her afternoon nap. The cake could be cut into 8 pieces and I ate 2 pieces when it was still hot from the oven. Then after chilling the rest in the fridge, I took another piece. That left 6 pieces.

Daddy came home very late last night from work cos he had to finish a quotation. He made some sandwiches for supper and I forgot to tell him that there was some cheesecake in the fridge. This morning when I opened up the fridge, 1 piece of the cake was missing. When Daddy came home from work this evening and while preparing dinner for us, we had this conversation (Part 1) -

Me : You ate a piece of the cheesecake huh?
Daddy : Ya.
Me: How was it?
Daddy : Ok la.

I gathered he probably found the cheesecake so-so this time and I did not ask further. This afternoon, I had eaten another piece of the cake for tea and that left 4 pieces. Later on in the evening, I went out alone to run errands and do some shopping while Daddy stayed home to watch after Heidi. I called back to ask if he wanted any snacks and he said no. When I returned home, Daddy was holding a glass of white wine and a dish with a small piece of cheesecake on it. Our conversation (Part 2) -

Daddy : You still want the cheesecake?
Me : (Having negative thoughts immediately) Huh? The cheesecake really not nice huh?
Daddy : Ok la.
Me: Really not nice meh? Then never mind lor, just leave the rest in the fridge.
Daddy : No la, cos no more in the fridge already.
Me: (My eyes widened) Huh? I thought you didn't like the cheesecake, now you telling me no more liao ar? You finished up 4 pieces at one go?
Daddy : Ya, no more. (Quickly diverting subject) You want to try the cheesecake with the white wine? They go very well together. (Holding the small piece of cheesecake with a fork and motioning to me).
Me : ???!!

2 comments:

Mummy N said...

hahahah!
this is hilarious! Chris and I couldn't stop laughing!

Heidi's Mummy said...

Ya, Nat. This Daddy can really drive me crazy at times. :S