Had the reunion dinner at my in-law's place. Although it was a simple steamboat affair, there were lots of my favourite ingredients and the soup stock was very good. Needless to say, I had a very full and enjoyable dinner. Heidi had her dinner porridge at home already before coming to Nai Nai and Ye Ye's place, and she also had some fishmeat and fishballs with us together too.
Heidi didn't want to be at the table with us for long and she was soon walking and exploring around the living room. I told Daddy I needed to go to the bathroom and while I was inside for barely half a minute, I heard Heidi's loud cries. She had tripped, fell and hit her head on one of the wooden armchairs in the living room. Poor Heidi, she was crying so hard, my heart fell. Luckily it was nothing serious, although there was a very visible swelling bruise on the right side of her forehead. Daddy, of course was not spared of my nagging for not paying more attention to Heidi. I rubbed her forehead gently, soothed and pacified her and very soon she stopped crying. In the car on the way home, she was back to her mischievous self again, disturbing and wanting to play with Daddy while he was driving. By the time we reached home, the swell had subsided a little.
Although it was probably very common with children tripping and falling and inevitably suffering some cuts and bruises, it sure pains my heart to see my girl crying so badly.

No comments:
Post a Comment