Friday, January 11, 2008

Chickenpox Jab and more Cravings

Just brought Heidi for chickenpox vaccination today. She is supposed to go for the MMR jab(mumps, measles and rubella) but the PD says chickenpox being more prevalent now, is better to take first. Although it's possible to take 2 jabs at 1 go, I didn't want to put Heidi through 2 jabs at 1 time. Surprisingly this time round, Heidi did not cry at all after the needle was pulled out from her right arm. Previous jabs she would cry for a short while and fuss a little, but this time, there was nothing like that from her. Very proud of my little girl.

Also did her assessment for 18 mths. For now, her weight is only 9kg and height 74cm. Guess she really belongs to the petite category. So long she eats well and is happy, I'm not too bothered already. I've long come to accept that she could have adopted the genes of my mother-in-law who is also very petite. When I ask my PD again (I do ask everytime I bring Heidi to see him) if she's too small for her age, his reply is always, " Her size is fine, too fat no good". Well, since he's a kids' specialist, what he says goes.

After we left the clinic, I went to Delifrance to buy some Madeleines which Heidi could have them for snacks after dinner. Bought 2 fried chicken wings for myself too. So now I have half a container of kueh bangkit and 2 bags of potato chips at home plus the Madeleines which I just bought. Better finish them first before Daddy starts to nag again.

My next craving? Pineapple tarts. I just called to order 2 containers of that from my ex-colleague whose mother-in-law makes pretty good pineapple tarts and I used to order from her for the past few years. Thinking of ordering another 2 more containers to give to some friends. Can only collect later half of this month. Can't wait.

No comments: