Heidi has finally weaned off from her pacifier.
There were several times when she chewed her pacifiers until they were so badly chewed that it got me worried if she has swallowed any plastic bits. And for those few times I always relent and bought her new pacifiers.
This time and also the last time (hopefully), she bit and chewed her pacifier till the plastic nipple was very nearly torn off. I bought her another one but she rejected it almost immediately and insisted on sucking on her old tattered one. Then 2 days ago on examining the very badly chewed nipple was about to fall off, I decided to discard it.
Surprisingly, Heidi didn't fuss for it anymore although I found her looking for it sometimes. It has been almost a week now and I didn't want to blog about it until I was really sure she is quite totally off. Although she doesn't like the new pacifier and is not sucking on it at all, (probably there is no familiar "smell" of her on that) she insists on holding it in her hand when she goes for her nap and bedtime, now that her old pacifier is forever gone.
Well at least now the pacifier is in her hands and not in her mouth. And I will also not hear this "When are u going to wean her off the pacifier?" from Daddy anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment