Sunday, April 27, 2008

Home Sweet Home

The day I left for my trip when I reached Changi Airport, I was feeling quite worried and started to miss Heidi terribly although I knew that she was in very good hands with Po Po looking after her.

Heidi did not seem to realise I was gone until I called home when I touched down Bangkok. Po Po passed the phone over to Heidi and that was when she started to cry when she heard my voice. After I put down the phone, she went on fussing until bedtime. Po Po had a hard time putting her to bed. For the next 2 nights, things got better although she still fussed a little during nighttime.

When we got back to S'pore, after putting our luggage back home and a short nap, we were off to Po Po's house to bring Heidi back. She was sitting in her highchair, watching her favourite VCD when we arrived. She looked sooooo happy to see us and wanted to get down from the highchair immediately. It was then that I realised how much I missed my little girl. This was the first time she was away from me for so long although it has only been a short 2 days.

When we got back to our own home, she got herself very busy with her toys and picture books. She must have missed playing with them.

No comments: