Traffic jams are very common in Bangkok and I took almost 45 min to reach the mall. I have heard of how big the mall is, the wide variety of clothes, shoes and accessories that they sell etc and true enough, I almost got dizzy just from strolling through the long rows of shops on one floor alone. There are so many stores in the wholesale shopping mall that it's just not possible for me to finish shopping in one day. I bought a number of tops, dresses, a pair of pink coloured shoes, fake crocs, pajamas and hair accessories for Heidi. Many stores sell in wholesale price if you buy 2-3 pieces up and the prices are really cheap. The 2 sweet dresses were only going for 130 baht each (around SIN$7) and I regretted later not buying more.
For lunch, I went to the food court on the top floor for Thai beef noodles. Afterwards I had claypot shark's fin soup and was all ready to check out other floors again. Although the women's sizes tend to be small, I still managed to get several tops for myself and Po Po too. By late afternoon, my backpack and hands were full with bags of shopping stuff and my back, calves and feet were aching quite badly.
Daddy called in the evening and said he and his colleagues were going to some marketplace for seafood. I had wanted to join them but changed my mind when the taxi driver asked for 500 baht (around SIN$22) to get there. I went back to the hotel after some duck rice for dinner at the food court. The taxi fare to the hotel still cost me 300 baht.
After I got back to the hotel, Daddy sms-ed me that I could order room service for a 2hr massage package if I wanted to. I was very tempted to do so, but I was so tired that I went straight to bed after a hot shower.
Some of Heidi's loot


No comments:
Post a Comment