Sunday, April 13, 2008

Ma La Guo

Hot Hot, Spicy Spicy

Auntie Serene Koh rang me up in the morning to see I would be available for dinner this evening. I immediately agreed cos it has been some time since we last met up and I wanted very much to catch up with her. We decided to have Ma La Guo steamboat buffet at Ma Po Doufu at Thomson Rd.

Daddy agreed to babysit Heidi while I could go to have my dinner in peace. Although he was down with flu and cough, he assured me that he could handle the little one. Before dropping me off at Thomson Rd, he said he would bring Heidi to see Ye Ye and Nai Nai before coming back to fetch me home.

It has been a long time since I last had Ma La Guo steamboat and it was my first time dining at Ma Po Doufu. Appetizers, side dishes and desserts were all free flow but the both of us ate so full until we clean forgotten about having the desserts.

I was glad to see Auntie Serene and had a good time catching up with her. My ex-colleague, we still keep in close touch even after we left our previous workplace. She has been a very good pal to me, gave me lots of help and support when I needed them and whenever I have cravings for Ma La Guo, she would try to find time to have that with me.

Heidi will be her little flower girl at her wedding this December and I am definitely looking forward to that.

No comments: