Lately at home, Heidi has been restless, clingy and attention-seeking. It's the school holidays now and other than bringing her out for dinner gatherings sometimes in the evenings, she's at home most of the time.
The mountainful of toys are not able to keep her occupied for long. She would insist I open up new toys for her from the cupboard and when I refused to do so, her tantrums would start. I am not able to surf the net for long too. She would gently slap my hands away from the mouse and would continue to do so until I get off from the chair.
I am not even able to have my meals in peace. She would climb and crawl all over me on the sofa just when I would be having my meals and many times, I nearly toppled my food. Just yesterday, while I was having my lunch, she was doing her spider crawl on me again and she accidentally fell from the sofa and lightly hit her head. She cried very pitifully for half a minute then suddenly she gave me a big grin even when there were still tears on her face. I did not know if I should laugh or cry at that very moment.
Besides toy cars, she loves to play with my lotion bottles. She would insist I pour some out for her and then apply on herself. The problem is she just couldn't get enough of the lotion, and I certainly am not going to waste half a bottle of lotion everytime for her playtime. She has started to aim for the Vicks bottles and I had better keep them out of her reach. And sight.
These are only some examples. The list goes on. As a mother now, I do understand that patience is essential in bringing up children. But I cannot help but feel frustrated and grouchy especially when I have to settle meals, get household chores done and attend to a fussing child at the same time.
Grouses aside, this darling of mine does listen to simple instructions at times and also has her angelic moments too. Although my job as a stay-at-home mum always requires me to work overtime and the rewards are non monetary, my rewards are knowing that my kid is safe and happy and getting great "job satisfaction" when she finishes up the meals that I prepare for her everyday. These are the kind of benefits I will not get to enjoy in the workplace.

No comments:
Post a Comment