Monday, June 29, 2009

Heidi Turns 3! (celebration part 2 & 3)

Today is my baby's actual birthday!! She had another small birthday celebration with her teachers and classmates this morning.

I ordered this jelly agar agar cake from Mrs Chan only 2 days ago on Saturday and luckily she was accommodative enough to squeeze in my order at such short notice. Before I confirm on the design, I got Heidi to go through the catalogue of the many designs of the jelly agar agar cakes and asked her to choose the design she would like.

There are designs of Barney, Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Elmo, Lightning Mcqueen and a few other car designs. There is even a 3D cruiser which I thought Heidi would like. I asked her to quickly to choose a design and she pointed at different pictures on the laptop screen and went "this one, this one." I asked her if she wanted Barney and she said "dowan." I pointed to the 3D cruiser several times and again she went "dowan". This went on for several minutes until I finally settled on Lightning Mcqueen when I noticed that she pointed at the car design several times. She has always loved to watch the cartoon movie "Cars" and Lightning Mcqueen has also been her favourite cartoon character. Besides, this jelly cake would complement the miniature Lightning Mcqueen toy cars which I had bought from my HongKong trip as one of the items of the goodie bags each for her classmates.

Besides the toy cars, I also packed in other goodies like candies, stickers and sticker books.

And in the evening, we met Auntie Wendy and Audric for dinner at Swenson's where we had a complimentary birthday Firehouse ice cream for the birthday girl. And Heidi had fun trying to blow out the candles again.

Happy Happy Birthday, Baby! :D

No comments: