Sunday, December 23, 2007

A Wardrobe and a Tent

Daddy finally decided to get Heidi a new wardrobe! Cos our little girl is growing up fast, she will need more space for her dresses, blouses, skirts, jeans, shorts...etc. So on Thursday, which was a public holiday, we went to Tampines Ikea to scout for one.

I had always wanted to get a princessy looking pink coloured wardrobe for Heidi which I found one quite close to what I want from Ikea. Unfortunately the price did not meet Daddy's budget and the wardrobe was a bit too small too. Daddy, as practical as he is always, was looking for an affordable yet spacious one instead.

As we were browsing through the As-Is section, Daddy found one white cupboard which costs $110 (original price - $189). Although there was a small scratch near the base, it wasn't really noticeable. But I wasn't too keen on it cos we did not have the means to transport it back and the delivery would cost us $40 which I felt wasn't quite worth it.

The next day which was yesterday, Daddy went back to Ikea again cos he was really keen on that cupboard. Well, as luck would have it, there was another similar cupboard, unassembled one, with no defects except that the packaging was damaged. And guess what? The price was only $57! This must have been a showcase set but it still looks as good as new! Daddy excitedly assembled the cupboard last nite and although he was drenched with perspiration after assembling halfway, he kept saying "This is worth every penny."

Although this wardrobe looks very plain and is not exactly what I'm looking for, I guess this will have to do now cos this is indeed more practical and the colours do match the rest of our furniture.



We got this for Heidi from Ikea too - A tent!

1 comment:

Mummy N said...

Hey!
Nice wardrobe! The space will come in handy and the plus point of having it plain, you can paint your own pictures and add your own designs.

You can personalise it!

Neat idea! :)