Heidi's grandparents, Gong Gong and Po Po (my parents) and I had planned this trip about a month back. This would be Heidi's 2nd trip to Genting, Malaysia. The first trip was in Nov with Uncle Darren and family and we had driven up there. This time, Daddy had remedial training at the army and so was unable to join us. So the 4 of us set off to Genting by Grassland coach early in the morning at 7.30am.
A small hiccup - When we arrived at Genting and alighted outside Resort Hotel where we would be staying, Gong Gong forgot to collect my luggage from the coach. Luckily we managed to retrieve it at the bus terminal and quickly went back to the hotel room where Po Po and Heidi were already checked in.
It was super crowded at First World Plaza cos of X'mas holidays and we had to jostle with the crowd. There were X'mas song and dance performances by some young children and that really livened up the whole place. The plaza was adorned with colourful lightings and the place looked very festive.
There were sales everywhere and I managed to grab these 2 tops for Heidi. See the wordings on one of them - Sweet, Like Mother, Like Daughter :P
The weather was pretty cool in the day but foggy and chilly come nitetime. We brought Heidi out in the cold for some pics. She simply enjoyed the breezes in the cold cold weather. At the indoor amusement park, Heidi took some kiddy rides too.
On the 2nd day of the trip, I made up my mind to visit the casino for my favourite game of roulette. So I and Po Po spent 2 hrs in the casino when Heidi was taking her afternoon nap with Gong Gong looking after her. I won $84 ringgit. Then at around 12pm midnite, after Heidi dozed off, I and Po Po went up to the casino again. Po Po tried her luck at the jackpot while I continued my roulette game. This time I won up to $300 ringgit. But I wanted to play some more so both of us stayed on till 6am in the morning. By then I had lost my winnings and another S$100 :P. Even so, I had lots of fun and enjoyed myself. That took my mind off everything else and it felt really good.
We came back yesterday and all of us were exhausted. It was a good trip except for Heidi who was restless and cranky on the coach to and fro. Po Po mentioned going to Genting again soon and I had suggested after Chinese New Year. We'll see how it goes.













No comments:
Post a Comment