Brought Heidi out to run errands this evening and after some snacks at Macdonalds, I decided to try bringing her to a nearby salon to have her hair trimmed.
Heidi has always refused to step into a hair salon. Her last haircut with a hairdresser (Po Po and myself brought her to a hair salon) was about and a half years ago and it was almost a traumatic experience for her. She was probably frightened by the sound of hairdryers and the sight of a stranger wielding a pair of scissors and trying to get near enough to cut her hair. She got real upset and fussed big time. Since then, I always had difficulties trying to get her to the hair salon to get a proper haircut.
When we were walking to the salon, I told her repeatedly that she would be going to have her hair cut by an Auntie. She went " no, no" several times, but when we reached the salon, she readily stepped in. I cued the hairdresser and she quickly brought out a booster seat to place on the chair for Heidi to sit on. And there were some candy to distract her too. The hairdresser did manage to trim her hair even though she squirmed a little but after some time Heidi started to fuss and the hairdresser had to speed up her job.
Although it was just a short trim (as I still want to tie her hair up with pretty accessories), her hair especially her fringe definitely looks much neater now. At least this was a proper haircut by a professional hairdresser, not by myself who always end up cutting her fringe crooked.
Monday, July 20, 2009
Haircut
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment